Monday, January 23, 2012

busy busy

Oh my goodness. Hartley keeps us so busy! She has mood swings already! We are definitely in the terrible 2's and temper tantrums are in full swing. While they are brief, they are pretty funny. She's started sprawling out on the floor and I can't help but laugh at her. Fortunately, she's well-behaved in public (and even quiet sometimes!).
We talk about emotions a lot. She shows me her silly faces. And her sad faces.
That sad face is pretty miserable. Poor thing.
And she usually gives us a smile for the camera. Very cheesy smiles.
She still has a hard time with the hard "kuh" sound. Instead of kitty cat, we still hear titty tat. There's also tate (cake), tamera, tootie (usually this goes with tootie motnah.. cookie monster), etc. You get the idea. Oh, and muntney. You know, like Curious George the monkey.
 One of our favorite mispronunciations is strawbabies. She loves her some strawbabies!
She will be TWO on Friday! We can't get over how quickly she's grown up, especially when she tells us I a big girl! We pout when that happens.

But I will be spoiled later this week as my sister-in-law has Baby Luke pulled out. He's breech so a c-section has been scheduled Thursday morning. We're praying he turns so she can have one of those 15 minute speed-deliveries she's known for. :)
I'm excited to see how Hartley takes everything in. We've talked about Baby Luke a lot. And she knows he's in BecBec's belly. I've also been telling her we will meet him very soon. I can't wait to see her face when she finally meets Luke.
We're having her birthday party Saturday morning with family. Marshall and I have been working on her gift- a kitchen set! Our other sister-in-law Janna found a Kid Kraft kitchen at Goodwill for cheap. It needed doors and some loving. Lots of loving. Once we get it finished we'll upload pictures. We know she's going to love it! And I'm gonna love being able to cook by myself!!

No comments: