Thursday, March 8, 2012

meanwhile..

Hello, I hate my front door.
Well, I once hated my front door. It had a horrible, faux-wood grain. I covered up the hideousness with wreaths.
We decided long ago that we would paint it. What color, we weren't sure. I really wanted to go with a very dull gray/blue. But we were hesitant. Very hesitant. Until Marshall painted the wardrobe a few weeks ago. It started out gray and after it was glazed- it was the color. The color for our front door.
We started with a primer. Of course, realizing midway through we never took a before picture of the door..
And then one coat of the mistinted/clearance gray. Again, no full gray door picture. After Hartley went to bed we distressed it lightly and Marshall wiped on a wood stain.


And the after?? 
 Gorgeousness.
Simply gawgeous.

2 comments:

Erika said...

LOVE IT!!!

Rebecca W. said...

i like how the wood grain still shows thru- very nice!