Thursday, May 31, 2012

raising it to new heights

Hartley is going through an "I'm so silly" phase. Basically, she does something she shouldn't and then plays her cute card. Oh, I'm not so supposed to sneak in the pantry and find Doritos? Tehehe, I'm so silly! No. That's being bad.
She is pretty cute, though. She gets it from her Daddy..
He's been begging for a haircut for months now. I was finally nice enough to give him a trim.
And really crooked bangs.. whoops..
My mom got an oak bedroom around the time she graduated from high school.. back in the early 70s. She's really encouraged us with our furniture business.. so much that she's offered us her nightstand. We get to keep it!!
It was definitely from the 70s with those big chunky feet. Marshall pried them off and we found some inexpensive legs to give it more height. I think it takes 20 pounds off her, too. I'm sure she'll look much better flipped around, too. We gave her a few coats of a light creamy yellow and distressed. She just needs some more distressing and polyurethane on her new set of legs and she's good to go. I think her name will be Daisy.
In case you ever wondered about our "shop," this is it. I've kicked my car out of the garage.
Projects everywhere. At least Hartley learned early on to accept that everything in the path to the door probably has wet paint on them, so she avoids touching it all. :)
Oh and can you see that Radio Flyer scooter in the bottom right hand corner? I snagged that for $10! We'll probably spray paint it a fun color.. it's pretty faded right now.

1 comment:

Erika said...

I'm finding it rather hilarious that your garage has gone full circle in a mere three years. What a short season of "let's put a door on it and actually PARK A CAR in it!!" before it reverted back to its original calling. :) At any rate, it's probably more useful the way it is now...plus I'm sure having the garage doors is nice in terms of having some light and air and not having to move furniture through the house! Love Daisy! I'm so impressed with how you can see the potential in ugggggly furniture!!